I used to think New York City was the fashion capitol of the world. Until I came to Paris.
Everywhere I look I see Chanel, Hermes, Christian Louboutin, Louis Vuitton, and in the most elaborate buildings. I even went into the Chanel and Louis flagship. Amazing, just to say the least. Of course it kills me walking by each store and not being able to afford all of these beautiful items.
And of course, every single Parisian from the adorable two year old running around in a perfectly matched dress, sweater, and flats, to the elderly woman who still straightens her hair and wears the most expensive brands, each impeccably dressed. It makes America look disgusting. Every boy has adorable sweaters, cropped pants, leather shoes, and collared shirts. A Parisian woman would never leave her home in Pink sweatpants and sneakers. I don't think I've even seen a single pair of flip-flops. Unless of course it was a tourist. This has inspired me to dress well every day and even though I cannot afford all of the clothing here, I am absorbing it in order to recreate what I see when I come back home.
The vintage shops here do not lack either, as they carry the best names and don't require digging to find. Especially at flea markets, like the one I visited on June 19th, it won't be hard to find a pair of vintage Chanel earrings or Christian Loubouton heels. Maybe one day I will be buying one of these myself!
Everywhere I look I see Chanel, Hermes, Christian Louboutin, Louis Vuitton, and in the most elaborate buildings. I even went into the Chanel and Louis flagship. Amazing, just to say the least. Of course it kills me walking by each store and not being able to afford all of these beautiful items.
| Even Dior looks 10x better than any other! |
And of course, every single Parisian from the adorable two year old running around in a perfectly matched dress, sweater, and flats, to the elderly woman who still straightens her hair and wears the most expensive brands, each impeccably dressed. It makes America look disgusting. Every boy has adorable sweaters, cropped pants, leather shoes, and collared shirts. A Parisian woman would never leave her home in Pink sweatpants and sneakers. I don't think I've even seen a single pair of flip-flops. Unless of course it was a tourist. This has inspired me to dress well every day and even though I cannot afford all of the clothing here, I am absorbing it in order to recreate what I see when I come back home.
| Uhh.. yeah. |
The vintage shops here do not lack either, as they carry the best names and don't require digging to find. Especially at flea markets, like the one I visited on June 19th, it won't be hard to find a pair of vintage Chanel earrings or Christian Loubouton heels. Maybe one day I will be buying one of these myself!
| Vintage Chanel, Lanvin, YSL, Gucci |
Later in the trip, I was photographed in Paris for a fashion website that takes pictures of fashionable men and women on the streets in major cities. http://spottinstyle.heroku.com/gallery/17/photos#main_photo
I also wound up buying a pair of Prada wedges for my birthday in Milan!
No comments:
Post a Comment