24.6.11

"French" Fries

Parisienne food. All I really have to say about that is.. baguettes. Every corner someone was carrying home a baguette or two. Every restaurant served bread with each meal. Just bread. No butter. Bread and cheese was a common meal. With about every kind of cheese. Which is easy to get tired of so by the end of my ten days in Paris I can definitely say I was done eating just bread. I'm also not really sure how Parisiennes stay so skinny with all of the carbs and glasses of wine they consume each day. It must be their fruits and vegetables, which are the freshest I have ever seen!




I've tried everything from the typical croque monsieur, the hot ham and cheese, to Thai in a Box to McDonald's, which I must say was somewhat different and still very delicious. They give away a special white sauce to put on their fries and have a special grilled ham and cheese sandwich. The Paris McDonald's also has a cheeseburger with special bread (of course) white sauce, onions, fresh tomatoes, two kinds of cheeses, and ketchup, which I got and was DELICIOUS! And their fries are the same as American fries, but they have a choice of potato fries as well. I am now on a mission to try the Italian McDonald's specialty meal.


McDonald's mmm
Chicken curry

As for desert here, that's a whole other story! From crêpes to chocolates to crème brûlée to macaroons I tried them all, including Nutella crêpes which seem to be the most popular. Each one was amazing. I went a chocolate tour and learned to make macaroons in a cooking class, which I will talk about later!

My nutella crepe and I

Creme brulee

No comments:

Post a Comment