We went to different fashion museums in each city, starting with the Madame Gres exhibit in Paris at the Bourdelle Museum. This woman was a master at draping and created many beautiful dresses, coats, and more. She gave her final dress to Givenchy, who financially supported her final collection. Her garments had a 17th century art work influence. You can follow the link for more information on the collection:
http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/features/article/madame-gres-paris-exhibit-is-ode-to-draped-fashion/
The following museums we entered were Pierre Cardin and Yves Saint Laurent, which I mentioned previously. We then went to the Roberto Capucci Museum in Florence. We saw many great works on display, but unfortunately could not take any photographs so below is a copy of a postcard I bought in the museum of a dress on display. Capucci is one of Italy's most influential and imaginative artists, which you can see in the modern color, form, and silhouettes of his clothing.
Next we went to the Salvatore Ferragamo Museum in Florence. Here we got to see many, many of his incredible shoes on display. I have also included a link for more information about this exhibition:
http://museoferragamo.it/en/mostre-incorso.php?id=28
http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/features/article/madame-gres-paris-exhibit-is-ode-to-draped-fashion/
The following museums we entered were Pierre Cardin and Yves Saint Laurent, which I mentioned previously. We then went to the Roberto Capucci Museum in Florence. We saw many great works on display, but unfortunately could not take any photographs so below is a copy of a postcard I bought in the museum of a dress on display. Capucci is one of Italy's most influential and imaginative artists, which you can see in the modern color, form, and silhouettes of his clothing.
Next we went to the Salvatore Ferragamo Museum in Florence. Here we got to see many, many of his incredible shoes on display. I have also included a link for more information about this exhibition:
http://museoferragamo.it/en/mostre-incorso.php?id=28
| Classic |

No comments:
Post a Comment