9.7.11

Museums, Museums, Museums

I have never gone to as many museums as I did while I was in Europe than I had in my entire life combined. And boy were my legs tired. By the end, I sat at every single place possible, including the floor at one point. What? I had reached my max.

Our first day in Paris, we paid a visit to 2 museums, the Louvre Museum and the Musée des Arts Décoratifs, or the Museum of Decorative Arts. After that, it honestly becomes somewhat of a blur as to what museums I went to since there were so many.




The Louvre


Let's start with the Louvre, which looked a lot like it did in The Davinci Code. It is also where the famous Mona Lisa and Venus De Milo are kept. Just as everyone says, The Mona Lisa really does look small in person, but it also looks a lot more beautiful. I now understand why it's one of the most famous paintings ever created. The Louvre Palace itself was amazing and the museum inside is one of the largest and most visited in the world. Inside the Louve, I also got to explore Napolean's quarters.


Just like the movie..




The Mona Lisa

Venus de Milo




The Museum of Decorative Arts


This museum was very.. interesting to say the least. It held a lot of random objects, including chairs and other furniture, toys, cars, clothing, and so much more. This museum is in the western wing of the Louvre, which is why it was so easy to go to both places at once. 


Couture pieces, including blue feather Dior heels

Furniture Display


Musée de l'Orangerie


This museum is just a short walk from the Louvre and holds impressionist paintings, including a permanent exhibit of the Water Lilies by Claude Monet. I had no idea how huge these paintings really were until I saw them myself, taking up entire walls.


Water Lilies

Water Lilies


No comments:

Post a Comment